It’s TRUE! Sometimes safety can be bad for business. When this happens, sadly REAL risks are missed that result in serious loss to people and businesses as a whole.
Safety’s BAD for BUSINESS when:
- “Safety people” (safety coordinators, committees, officers, consultants) become obsessed with minute details of the safety system and absolute safety becomes the goal.
- It is forgotten that Safety Management is ONLY ONE area of risk management important to a business. Many other risks must be managed to ensure that everyone has a job!
- Reams of useless paperwork are generated.
- Time is spent doing “safety stuff” that adds no value as a business management tool.
REAL Safety Management is about:
- Ensuring that workers and the business are protected from credible risk.
- Focusing on identifying and controlling real risks; those that occur more often and have serious consequences.
- Enabling innovation and productivity, not stifling it.
- Ensuring those who create risks manage them responsibly and understand that there will be serious consequences when they don’t (standards, enforcement and disciplinary action).
- Ensuring all workers understand that with rights to a safe and healthy workplace comes a responsibility to abide by all company safety policies and procedures.
- Being a successful, well-managed company!
SAFETY -PROFIT PRINCIPLE: Many businesses waste TIME & MONEY resourcing unimportant safety measures. In a well-planned safety system,20% of your effort will produce 80% of your results.
Want to know your Safety Profit Score™ or identify your 80/20?
Contact us for a free no obligation consultation with one of our Senior Safety Professionals!
info@1LifeWorkplaceSafety.com or 204-231-5433